frequently asked questions

what is .925 silver?

.925 silver, more commonly known as sterling silver, is a type of silver alloy. the '925' refers to the composition of the alloy, which is made up of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper.

how was recycled scrap silver used to create my piece of jewelry?

all silver used in my jewelry is born out of second-hand items, sourced from a variety of places including thrift stores, pawn shops, swap meets, eBay, etc.

genuine sterling silver is typically hallmarked with a '.925' stamp from its original manufacturer, making it easy for me to scope out a mix of items compatible for melting together without affecting their purity. old jewelry, silverware, candlesticks, junk silver coins, and broken watch parts are just some the things i keep an eye out for.

from there, i follow a small-scale melting & annealing process using a crucible, furnace, and rolling mill to shape the ingot silver into new sheet forms for my jewelry!

is sterling silver jewelry hypoallergenic?

sterling silver is generally considered hypoallergenic. pure silver itself is entirely hypoallergenic, making up 92.5% of the metal in your jewelry. the remaining 7.5% of other alloys are often copper, which is also hypoallergenic.

all of my pieces are also coated with a polish-on, non-toxic finishing sealant to provide extra protection against ocean time and serve as an added barrier between metal & skin.

how should i clean my jewelry at home?

to properly clean your jewelry:
1. mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water in a bowl. avoid harsh chemical cleaners, as they can damage the silver, stones, and seaglass.

2. gently place your jewelry in the soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes. use a soft-bristle toothbrush or a soft cloth to gently scrub the jewelry, paying attention to crevices and settings.

3. thoroughly rinse the jewelry under cool, running water to remove any soap residue. BE SURE to hold it securely so nothing gets lost down the drain! lol

4. carefully pat the jewelry dry with a clean, soft cloth. avoid rubbing, as friction can create scratches or cause microfibers to get caught around embellishments.

to remove potential tarnish or simply re-polish:
1. use a specialized silver polishing cloth to gently buff away tarnish. doing this about once a month or so will help your piece maintain its original shine.

NOTE: if your jewelry contains pearls, shells, or coral, be cautious with cleaning methods, as most of these natural materials cannot withstand hard scrubbing or harsh chemicals.

what ring size am i?

head over to my sizing guide to find the right fit for your fingers.

can i customize or personalize a design?

YES! my inbox is currently open for custom inquiries, and i also always accept requests for size modifications ahead of any purchase. all rings, earrings, pendants, & necklaces featured on my homepage are available for replication based on your specifications. however, items listed in the archived section of my site are no longer available for purchase or replication.

also, if you already have a special stone, piece of seaglass, sea pottery, shell, etc. that you'd like incorporated into a personal piece of jewelry, send me a message through my contact page! i'd love to help create something one-of-a-kind for you.

how long will it take to receive my order?

pieces listed for sale in my main jewelry catalog are shipped within 5 to 7 days of your order date. speed of transit will depend on the shipping option you select at checkout.

custom orders require a minimum two-week window to make, and are typically shipped out 1 day after completion.

all purchases include a USPS tracking number, which will be emailed to you once your order is finalized.

do you accept returns/refunds/cancellations/ exchanges?

because all jewelry made by me is either small-batch or one-off, i do not accept returns or offer refunds UNLESS the piece is damaged in transit & arrives with a clear defect (must e-mail me summarizing the issue & provide a reference photo within one week of arrival). i reserve the right to deny returns and refunds for any item not matching this criteria.

to qualify for a refund, the buyer must also return the defective item to my studio via mail. any return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. once i receive a tracking number for the item confirming its shipment, a full refund will be issued back to the original payment method used at checkout.

i do not offer exchanges of any kind at this time. i also do not accept cancellations or returns for:

  • damage caused by the buyer
  • change of mind
  • wear and tear
  • lost items
  • poor fitting due to incorrect size selection by the customer
  • improper cleaning/care of the purchased piece

should you run into any issues with the placement or arrival of your order, feel free to contact me here. it is always my goal to be as accommodating & receptive as possible! <3